Wednesday, August 3, 2011

P90X


If you never heard of it before P90X stands for Power 90 Extreme and it is a 6 day a week workout for 90 days.   The concept of P90X is muscle confusion strength and cardio training combined.  My first day I thought to myself "what in the hell have I gotten myself into?".    I watched some of the DVD's prior to starting and it didn't look so bad.    That tune changed really fast when I started day one.   Went through the pre workout motions with starting weight, measurments, etc.  the pressed play!

I set small goals for myself.  The turkey trot was at the end of November on Thanks Giving day so I said to myself all I needed to do was stick with this until then.    I did and my results were great.   I shaved my miles down to 9 minutes a piece, I felt great and I had pictures to show that things were changing all around.  

After that my next goal was to get to the first of the year.   It was only a little more than 30 days and Christmas comes so fast how hard could it be.   Again I accomplished that goal and felt good.   6 days a week was tough and there were definitely days where I wanted to not do it but i pushed through and always felt great when I was done. 

next thing I new I could weight myself.   My goal of 230 lbs was achieved and destroyed.   at the first of the year January 2, 2011 I weighed in at 215 lbs.   that was a grand total of 59 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I just had to push through the last 30 days finish take and take my "transformation" pictures.    I got to the end of January and accomplished my goal of comleting P90X and officially weight 212 lbs a grand total of 62 lbs!   I was stoked ready for more and was feeling better than I ever had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment