Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FOOD!

So i've now lost 62 lbs!  I feel like I have accomplished a lot.   It seemed easy and now started the hard part.   I've exhausted what I know from a resource perspective.   Where do I go from here?   Food became my next challenge to overcome.   

During P90X I realized I wasn't eating enough.    30 days in I couldn't figure out why I was tired or why weight wasn't leaving as quickly I thought I had it the dreaded plateau.   After doing a little research I found I wasn't eating enough.  That was the one thought that never crossed my mind in the world of weight loss was eating.   this was a struggle during P90X and to this day is still a struggle!!!

This was one of the largest challenges I have ever had to overcome.   My brain was telling me not to eat when everything I read said I should be eating a lot more than I was.    Again I went online did some more research and learned how to eat (be careful online as there is a lot of conflicting articles).   I realized I was supposed to be consuming upwards of 3000 calories a day.   I know that isn't hard to eat that in normal food but if you are concentrating on what you eat and trying to eat healthy food 3000 calories is almost a chore to eat every day.   I started eating every 3 hours, eating a lot of protein, vegetables, fruit, etc. 

Breakfast had always been a staple since I started this journey but now I was up to 8-10 egg whites every morning plus toast, or granola.  Mid morning was a 200-400 calorie snack such as nuts, cottage cheese, fruit, protein shakes, etc.   Lunch was a huge salad with chicken, tuna, veggies and Italian dressing.  Another snack simialr to that in the moring and a good size meal at dinner.   Grocery shopping was crazy and I felt bad for my wife.   I was eating like I was a teenager going through puberty again.  

The crazy thing is as soon as I did that weight started coming off again at a faster rate and it was awesome.   Eating was actually something I did to fuel my body not just something to do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment