Monday, August 1, 2011

The First Two Months

So to start things off I didn't really know what to do or where to start.   I knew something had to change.   The picture to the left is me at 274 lbs.   I hated pictures and no look at it now and can't believe I got that way but now  it's something to never go back to.

My wife has always been good with the kids about making things that are healthy for them.  Making sure they had fruits, vegetables, and balanced meals.  I figured my first step was to start eating more of that and less food in general and get rid of things I didn't need like pop, candy, deserts, etc.

I started by counting calories.   I know everyone says they do this and it is a pain in the ass!   there are websites that help, phone apps that help,  but I only had to do it for a while to understand what I was eating and originally it was crazy what I was putting in to my mouth!  After a while you just knew what you could and couldn't eat and it made things easier

After I started the calorie counting I knew I had to excercise so I figured why not start running!   I got 8/10 of a mile before I had to stop on my first run.   I never wanted to run outside cause i was embarressed but I figured if people were watching and laughing i could always say they weren't doing it and I was so that was my motivation.

By the end of the summer I couldn't wait to go running.  8/10 of a mile turned in to 1 mile which turned into 2 miles and so on.   I couldn't believe I was becoming a runner!  In two months I had changed the way I had been eating started running on a regular basis and had lost a total of 25lbs!!!  I was stoked and wanted more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment