Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inspiration

The phrase I hate more than anything is "If I can do it....you can to".   That to me is the biggest line ever invented.    My personal opinion is the only person that can make you do it is you.   you have to want to do it.   It has to become important to you.   In my case I got on a scale and said enough is enough.  

What was my inspiration or motivation?   It started off by me wanting to be happy about the way I looked.   As I went along I realized something else kept me inspired.  I started losing weight I loved when people would walk up and tell you that you where doing a great job.   That lasted a little while then one of the largest inspiration happened.   In the midst of doing P90X both of my kids loved doing it to.   They knew the catch phrases and what workout i was supposed to do.  They had their favorite routines.   Asked if I was going to do P90X before I went to bed cause they wanted to do it with me.   I know I should have seen it but my kids where excited about exercising they were seeing it as a normal thing to do in life.   They would ask me how my runs where, how my workout were going, and would tell me if I was eating something I shouldn't be.    I was teaching my self and on accident I was teaching my kids that being healthy was a priority. 

Then something else happened that made want to keep going.   Family memebers saw what I was doing and wanted to do it too.   Maybe not as much as me but they wanted help, they were asking me "what can I do?", "What should I eat?".   Next thing I know I had running and workout partners all over the place.  A support group to keep me motivated.  Another reason to keep going!  

For me one thing triggered my change and inspired me to keep pushing.   Next thing I know my inspiration was spiraling and I had more and more reasons to move forward.   I keep pictures like the ones below to show what I will never go back to as another motivation.



No comments:

Post a Comment