Monday, August 1, 2011

My Story and First Post

For those of you that don't know me here is my little introduction.   My name is Joe Grady and I am 32 years old.   Born and raised most of my life in Minnesota in the Minneapolis Suburbs.   Did the typical things as a kid and some not so typical but that was a long time ago.    Graduated from St. Thomas Academy High School in 1997 and attended the University of Minnesota for 2 years.    Meet my now wife of 7 years and pursued my sales career in electronics and technology. 

I know live in Menasha WI which is a small town south of Green Bay.   I have two kids and work for a technology company called Enterprise Systems Group.   I currently am in sales of IT products to various companies in the upper mid west. 

My blog is a way for me to keep a record of where I have been and where I am now in my life.    This started all because of a night at a friends house back on 4th of July weekend 2010.   There were three of us doing what we did best.  hanging around a campfire drinking beer and talking the night away.   It was a great time but at one point Dave a friend of mine looked at us and asked us if we ever thought about losing some weight. 

It was funny that this question came up because I had just weighed myself at home about a week earlier and was extremely upset with what I had found.   I was 274lbs close to the worst I had ever been when i was 284 lbs.  Anyway it was July and there was a lot of summer left in the world of WI so we made a bet.   Not for money, or material just bragging rights on who would win.

So it began I changed the way I ate and what I was doing and our challenge began.   I was never a sports person growing up that was my older brother.   I was good and the athletic part of things but never good at the games themselves.  This blog is to document my journey from that life changing weekend for me to now.

Hope you enjoy following along and look forward to keeping this up to date!


No comments:

Post a Comment