Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Events!

So now it's coming to spring and again I needed to keep going.   How do I do that?   When I did the turkey trot I realized that when I signed up for it and payed for it I needed to train for it.   It was only 5 miles (that is a phrase I never thought i would say) but I couldn't pay for it and then not do it.  

Spending that money helped me stay motivated.   So one day at work one of my fellow co-workers said to me "we should do the Green Bay Triathlon.".  Mind you this was long before spring it was around Christmas time this happened.  At the time he didn't actually think I would go through with it but I signed up early.   Sometime in January I think but I signed up and now I was committed.   Then it got a little out of control.   

Next thing I knew the same co-worker asked me to do the warrior dash.   I looked at it and told him he was crazy but we signed up.   Then I was online and looking at the warrior dash and someone made the comment that grown ups do the Tough Mudder (www.toughmudder.com).  I looked at that and originally said to myself "that is effing insane"  who would do that to themselves.   Next thing I knew I was trying to find someone to do it with me.   It took over a month but next thing I knew my boss was covinced and we signed up for that.   

So now it is roughly May and I have gotten myself into a triathlon in June, Tough Mudder in July, and the Warrior Dash in September.   That is a lot of stuff!  but where was August?  So in the time of signing up for the triathlon i realized I was never going to ride a mountain bike 30 miles.   So I went and invested into a nice Trek Road bike.    By doing that I received a entry in to race the lake.  Race the lake is a 90 mile bike ride around Lake Winnebago.   so i was booked in a sense and had a lot of reasons to keep going!!! 

More on each event as they come!

No comments:

Post a Comment